Ice Sculpty Sculpture ContestDecember 5, 2007
By Osprey Therian
Etheria Parrott, one of the creative Tiny citizens of Raglan Shire, has devised a contest that promises to be excellent fun for both participants and those who like to watch and cheer. An ice sculpty sculpture contest! It sounds like just the thing to help us get into the holiday spirit, and is part of a month of winter activities at Raglan Shire. Note that one needn’t be a Tiny to enter, and bear in mind that the resulting ice sculpture garden will be, I believe, an excellent place for photographers to visit. Judging will take place on the 16th, but sculptures will remain up all month. Contest details are after the fold.
****Ice Sculpty Sculpture Contest****
The idea for this contest is to encourage people to learn how to make sculpties. There are many programmes you could use or learn to use. Some are even free so check out:
1st place 1000 lindens
2nd place 500 lindens
3rd place 250 lindens
Entries will be judged on the 16th December at noon PST.
3. Artistic merit
1. You must ‘buy’ one of the 10 bases laid out for this purpose for 25 lindens before you put out your ice sculpty. In buying the base, you commit to entering the contest. This is your entry fee. If you don’t enter, then you have denied someone else the chance because there is limited space for bases.
2. Your sculpty sculpture must fit entirely within the 3 metre x 3 metre base, with a max height of 5m.
3. Your sculpture must be 5 prims or less (the base is NOT included in this count)
4. Your sculptie sculpture must be yours and all parts entirely created by you.
5. There must be no rotating or moving parts – static sculptures only
5. Your ice sculptie scupture *must* look like ICE
6. Set both base and sculpture to Artisans group to stop it from being auto-returned. All entrants must be members of the Artisans Society of Raglan Shire. If you are not artisans, please IM Zayn Till to be added to the group on a temporary basis, before entering.
7. Only one base per person may be purchased
Anyone not working within these rules will have their entry returned and their entry fee will not be returned.